Seade Mentorship Program
Seade Mentorship Program – High School Program for Juniors & Seniors
I love being a physician and I am equally as excited to teach my love and passion to our younger generation. Being involved in the mentorship program at Westlake High School in Austin, Texas has shown me the incredible need for our students to have more exposure to what the medical field has to offer. Whether you are interested in medical school, nursing school or PA school, you will have a career full of giving back and caring for patients. Medicine is a career like no other, one in which we touch lives with every patient interaction.
The purpose of this mentorship program is to have the student interact, converse and observe healthcare providers doing what we love to do. It will be an exceptional experience at Hyde Park Surgery Center experiencing the operating room and recovery room and getting a first-hand look at how we take care of our patients.
The student will spend a day shadowing Edward Seade, M.D., Alexandria Ross, P.A.-C and/or one of the many nurses in the operating room. Because our patients come first, patient privacy will be strictly observed and adhered to at all times during the mentorship program.
Requirements for High School Juniors or Seniors
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor.
- Write a paragraph explaining why you would be a great candidate for the mentorship program.
- If accepted, you or your parent/guardian will be provided a letter of release and patient confidentiality to review and sign.
Please complete the application below to get started:
Seade Mentorship Application
- Mentorship Dates (2019) and Deadline (for letter/paragraph)
- June 21 – Deadline is May 24
- August 2 – Deadline is July 5
- September 20 – Deadline is August 23
- October 25 – Deadline is September 27
I look forward to meeting the many students that will rotate through our facility. I am excited to show you how wonderful a career as a surgeon has been for me – and how exciting and wonderful it can be for you!
Good luck in school. Set your goals high, study hard, enjoy the journey, persevere through challenging times and believe that you can be anything you want to be in life.
L. Edward Seade, M.D.